On July 25, 2017, at Invest Malaysia Kuala Lumpur 2017 (IMKL 2017), the Government had agreed that all Government Interest Companies (SBKs) to establish IGU and to be regulated by the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC).
The steps are to strengthen the management of integrity and governance at SBK, to ensure that its officers and staff to uphold the principles of integrity and accountability in corporate governance.
The move also demonstrates the Government's commitment to strengthen the level of integrity of the SBK which will never compromise on issues involving corruption, abuse of power and embezzlement.
Corruption, abuse of power and embezzlement cannot be dealt by the MACC individually, but require the involvement of all parties including SBK.
The purpose of the establishment of the IGU at SBK is to ensure that all staff adopt a high work culture with strong moral and ethical characteristics. This initiative will be able to curb corruption, abuse of power, and mismanagement.
TDa's Integrity Unit
Complaint Administration & Management
Manages UI administration as well as system management and complaint collection.
Complaint Detection & Verification
Tracking and verifying the complaints made and recommending further action to be taken by the CIO.
Functions & Roles
- Complaint Management
- Manage the receipt of information/complaints on criminal misconduct, corruption, abuse of power, malpractice, and violation of the code of conduct and ethics of the organisation.
- Detection and Verification
- Detect and confirm complaints of criminal misconduct and violations of the code of conduct and ethics of the organisation and ensure that appropriate follow -up action is taken
- Report criminal misconduct to the responsible enforcement agency
- Integrity Reinforcement
- Ensure the cultivating, institutionalisation, and implementation of integrity in the organisation can be achieved
- Role to ensure the best governance to strengthen the integrity of officers and staff in the organisation.