Procurement of 9.5km underground tunnelling works involving the design and construction of seven underground stations and associated structures between Semantan north portal and Maluri south portal.
Procurement value: RM 8.2 billion
|OP-1||Tunneling Training Academy (TTA graduates)||• Establishment of South East Asia’s first tunneling academy.|
• Competency building for more than 500 students and create job opportunities for more than 200 local workers.
• Establishment of Tunneling Training Academy at Kota Kemuning Shah Alam.
|OP-2||Data Acquisition||• Share of valuable data for Malaysian academians and researcher to enhance their understanding and knowledge in ground condition.|
• Foster collaboration between industry and academia on the field of underground constructions and tunneling works.
• Established collaboration between UIA, UNITEN, USM, and MMC GAMUDA on research and analysis on tunneling data and parameters.
• Estimated 6 publications would be published by the collaborating parties upon completion.
|OP_3||Development of Variable Density (VD) Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM)||• Provide partnership platform with international tunneling expert through joint development of VD TBM and local involvement in TBM design works.|
• Grooms Malaysian company to be ready in venturing through local and international tunneling projects in the future.
|OP_4||Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete (SFRC) Tunnel Linings||• Collaborative R&D with experts in producing SFRC mix design has allowed the use of local raw materials in production thus increasing localization.|
|OP_5||Production of TBM Parts in Malaysia||• Developing SME with certain capacity and capability through transfer of technology.|
• Positioning Malaysia in the global supply chain and building track record for future tunneling projects.
Launched by former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamed in December 2011, Tunneling Training Academy (TTA) is South East Asia’s first tunneling training academy. By offering programmes related to skills, vocational and specialist training, TTA will produce highly skilled manpower for tunneling industry which will caters to the needs of labour and expertise in KVMRT project and other similar projects in the future.