CLOSING CEREMONY OF CUSTOMIZED ON OFFSET MANAGEMENT FOR GHANA DELEGATES
28 November 2016
Mr Millison Narh
First Deputy Governor of the Bank, Bank of Ghana
His Excellency Benjamin C Eghan
High Commissioner, Ghana High Commission in Malaysia
Yang Berbahagia Dato’ Zailani bin Safari,
Chief Executive Officer, Technology Depository Agency Berhad (TDA),
Mr Martin Williamson
Managing Director, The Williamson Group Asia Sdn Bhd
Distinguished guests, ladies and gentlemen.
Assalamu’alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh and good afternoon.
- It is an honour for me to join you today on behalf of the Ministry of Finance Malaysia, for the closing ceremony of Customized Offset Management Training. The training organized by Technology Depository Agency Berhad (TDA) has covered all important and crucial aspects across the offset/ICP implementation in Malaysia.
- The countertrade or offset or currently termed as ‘Industrial Collaboration Program’ (ICP) is set to maximise the undiscovered potential of the country’s procurement and at the same time enhancing the multiplier effect of Malaysian economy.
- It is delightful to note that the ICP succeeds to provide vast opportunities for collaboration with the developing countries in their respective area of experts.
Ladies and Gentlemen,
- TDA, with more than a decade since its establishment in 2004 which was temporarily assigned under the Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT), as the ICP authority in Malaysia, has achieved commendable efforts in managing, administering and monitoring ICP implementation.
- To date, TDA has made significant progress with the policy development and enhancement. Given the importance of these efforts, TDA role has been expanded to providing customized ICP training and coaching to the interested parties. The initiatives and milestones achieved by TDA have brought tremendous benefits to the local industry in terms of human resource development, technology know-how and knowledge transfer.
- I hope the 3-day ICP workshop fully organized by TDA will further uplift and advance relationship between Malaysia and Ghana which already happily existed.
- I believe you have seen how Malaysian public sector organizations have worked together with the private sector counterparts in developing the national growth through ICP projects. You have had a firsthand experience of the impact of the successes by a visit to SMH Rail plant, a successful local company and also the recipient of ICP project.
- In closing, I would like to thank you for choosing Malaysia as a model and a mentor in developing Offset Management for the Republic of Ghana.
- On this note, I would like to thank again for inviting me to this event and without further ado, I call upon the emcee to continue with the next agenda.
- Thank you.